If you have an elderly loved one that is no longer able to live completely on her own, you might be wondering what the next step is. Do you have your loved one move into your home? Perhaps you hire someone like an elder care assistance agency to go into your loved one’s home to help with various tasks. You might also be at the point where you’re looking into assisted living, independent living, and nursing homes, and your head is spinning. A senior placement provider can help you understand all of the details you need to make the best choice for your aging loved one.
A trained senior placement provider knows all of the specifics around many different types of senior citizen care centers and can help you make the best choice for your loved one, not only for today but for his future as well. A senior placement professional will provide you with education and navigation through the many options that exist.
If you feel that you could use the help of a senior placement provider, you’ll be taken through a process that will help you understand how the provider works as well as helps your senior placement provider understand what your family needs.
First, you’ll chat on the phone with your possible new senior placement provider, hopefully as a family. You may also set up an appointment to visit if that’s easier. The senior placement provider will ask lots of questions about your loved one and you’ll both have an opportunity to answer. You can also share any questions or concerns you might have about the process. No question is a bad question. Here are a couple of recommended tips.
- Write all your questions down first. You’ll be amazed at how easy it’ll be to get swept up in a conversation only to end your meeting time and realized you forgot to ask the main questions you had.
- Be honest with your loved one about why you’re meeting with a senior placement provider. Let them ask any many questions as they have as well.
- If possible, record the meeting or have someone come and take good notes. That way you can reference them.
After your initial meeting, the senior placement provider will make recommendations based on what your loved one’s needs are. They may have insight into areas of care that never crossed your mind or your loved ones. The senior placement provider will recommend local organizations that they’ve worked with and know are reputable organizations.
After you discuss the recommendation, a senior placement provider can help you make the right decision for your loved one. They will consider the health, care needs, financial situation, social interests, and location preference of your senior and you.
Once you’ve made your decision, a senior care provider is still available for any follow-up needs you may have and will make sure everyone is satisfied with the placement that has been made.
If you or an aging loved one are considering your Senior Placement Services please contact the caring staff at Connect Our Elders today! (858) 222-9241
Connect Our Elders provides free advisory and senior care planning across the U.S.
- Why You Should Look Into Senior Placement Now - June 15, 2023
- Important Care Needs to Consider When Choosing Senior Housing - June 1, 2023
- How a Care Manager Can Help You Care for Your Loved One - May 15, 2023